Propane Gas Plumbing Question for Fire Pit

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OffRoad322

Reaction score
Hi All,
New hear so go easy :)

Getting all the fittings for my fire pit conversion to propane. I know NG would be better but way too far and lots of jack hammering. Also don't worry I will be having a gas plumber do it all, just want to plan out the parts first.

I have to run from the burners flex line through the brick wall to the propane tank. This is what I am thinking...any help appreciated...I know I need a key valve and regulator but just trying to get the parts for this part finished first. Either way the tank is external so this is kind of in the middle.

FROM FLEX LINE TO OUTSIDE FIRE PIT

1. Flex Line

2. M to M Flare Nipple

3. F to F Brass Coupler

4. Black Pipe through wall

5. Quick Connect Propane Fitting...do I need a coupler and nipple or can I go strait to brass quick fitting?

Does this make sense?

Also any way to keep the black pipe and fittings from going in and out of the hole through the fire pit?

THANK YOU!

Last edited:
Thank you frodo for the quick reply. I thought about a stub out, but I can't find one that is long enough...I need 12inches to go from the inside of the fire pit to the outside.

Back