Problem with Watts Recirculating System

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devans22

Reaction score
3000 sq ft home, 2 and 1/2 baths, single story, concrete slab. The two full baths are on the other side of the house as the water heater. Installed the pump and a sensor valve in each of the full baths. No change in time to get hot water, still takes over 2 minutes. Have confirmed installation is correct. I don't know if I should put more money into adding valves or return the pump and cut my losses. Any ideas?

Last edited:
Just a silly question but did you confirm the pump was plugged in? Installed correctly? Timer pins set correctly (if you have this model)?

Reactions: SHR
What kind of water heater do you have? Tank or tank less?

Can you post a couple pictures of it.

sensor valves in correct orientation?
Pump turned on and plugged in?
Pump installed on the hot supply from the water heater?

Not judging your competence. I never met you, BUT it would not be the first time someone told me something was installed correctly as per instruction and.

just a funny side note. We used to do warranty work on new water heaters.
Another plumber called and could not get a new 6 gallon electric heater to come on.
I went out and flicked on a switch on the side of the heater. Might just be something simple you are over looking.

I did have the pump on the wrong side (did not notice both my supply lines had red markings, DOH!) Working great now, thanks for the help.

Well, it would have been nice if the OP left it so others could learn from his mistake. It is not the first time someone has done this, and guarantee it isn't the last.

This forum style (or whatever it is called - am computer illiterate) allows one to actually delete a post (in addition to editing). Maybe there is a selection that will not allow this option?

The photo showed the pump mounted on the WH COLD inlet. He posted that his wife had asked him if the install was correct and his reply was yes. Maybe he was afraid of her finding out it was not correct?
chair.gif

Back