Problem with Toilet flushing

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrtearitup

Reaction score
Hello all.

I work at a community college as the sole maintenance worker. I'm not really good at fixing things and have never worked on toilets before.

I'll attach a picture of the kind of toilet I'm working on.

My problem is the toilet will only flush when I push the handle in with the palm of my hand, and doesn't work by just bending it in any direction like it should.

I have installed a new flush valve and also put in a new handle repair kit and still does it.

I took the repair kit back out and it seems to work the same way by bending the handle in every direction as it does by pushing it in.

I'm running out of ideas :(

toilet.jpg

Just curious....if you work as a maintenance worker and not good at fixin things, is your dad the president? :D

I have no knowledge on the topic myself, but would think a Sloan rebuild kit would fix your problem. Hang in there, our experts will be here to help you soon!

14265_183_1.jpg

you said you replaced the flush valve and it STILL does not flush correctly ?

that does not make any since,

the flush mechanism. is a simple plunger that the handle push's. simple..

what brand and type are you using

As long as you have a sufficient water supply and nothing leaking there are only two things that can be wrong. One is a handle kit the other is the diaphragm. Are you sure you used the correct parts?

frodo posted ahead of me by 2 mln.

Last edited:
As long as you have a sufficient water supply and nothing leaking there are only two things that can be wrong. One is a handle kit the other is the diaphragm. Are you sure you used the correct parts?

frodo posted ahead of me by 2 mln.

i agree..but, he said he replaced the whole thing,,still does it.

Back