Pro press leaks

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

JG plumbing

Reaction score
The more you talk to more Fk’d up you sound.,

Uponor tech support just stated the fitting on right, can not be pressed.

That’s the male sweat x pex adapter.

No where did he mention “ meant to be “ “ can be “ “ if you’re careful “. “ if your vigilant “

He said “ it cannot “

Everyone already knows the fitting exists, not everyone presses copper, we use a torch. Sounds like you made a thread to tell us you learned something new.......So shocking right ?

Case closed have a great day.,
Wait I thought you said the one on the left wouldn't make up? That was why this was wrong. What case are you taking about?

Twowaxhack

Professional
Professional
Reaction score
Wait I thought you said the one on the left wouldn't make up? That was why this was wrong. What case are you taking about?
If you think I said something then go back and quote the post.

The tech support case I filed with uponor.

I’m done. Good bye.

JG plumbing

Reaction score
He’s a total fool. I don’t give a ****

Makes a thread warning you to use fittings meant to be pressed then claims they’re both meant to be pressed in the pic when obviously ones shorter and doesn’t engage properly, that’s why they make the longer version.
The part of the case I don't understand is where you say something won't engage, but it clearly does. The tool indicates a full press by a green light that comes on. The engagement I don't think was the problem with this. I think the fitting itself got "ovaled" and couldn't be corrected normally. Uponor saying you cannot press them I guess is helpful, but doesn't really fit what I'm seeing. I see on some of these a fully inserted and fully "engaged" press connection. I'm not disputing someone should order the right fitting, never was, that was kind of the point. The person from this company (the one I work for) who ordered these was rolling his eyes at this whole thing. I looked in the viega manual and I think it's a clearance issue. Not that they cannot be pressed it's that the clearance doesn't provide a consistent enough press connection.

Latest posts