Pressure tank not getting above 10PSI well not pumping consistently

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jan Jones

Reaction score
Hello, I have a well problem. First of all after the big freeze the pipe pulled loose, well drillers came out and reconnected the pipe. For about 4 days water flowed into the house, then the blue pressure tank would no longer hold 30 PSI and dropped to 0. If I turn the switch off on the control panel, wait 20 seconds and turn electrical switch to tank back on I can hear the pump pumping water into the tank but it will only go up to 10 PSI. only one toilet in the house flushes and none of the facets will get any water coming out of them. Occasionally the kitchen sink gets just a dribble. I am at a loss who to call. The well has a "Pump Minder" installed on it to keep it from burning up the pump and will automatically shut down if there is no water in the well. I have an 850 foot deep well, and I was told that water level was 12 feet down. Being a woman I don't know if I need to call the well people back out here or plumbers. ANY suggestions would help.

Latest posts

Back