Plunger valve

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silasjura

Reaction score
I am going to have a Singer sewing machine base as my vanity/pedestal sink. The machine base has a big peddle on it that I am going to hook the peddle up to a rod and this will control the water to turn on and off. I will set the hot/cold mixture and this will just turn on one water line that has warm water for the sink. Basically the faucet will not have handles and everything will turn on with the peddle. So to do this, I am looking for a plunger valve that I can hook up a rod and pull it up and down to turn the water line on and off. It is a ½" water line. Does anyone know where I can find such a thing or which parts I can buy to build this. It needs to be made to connect to copper or PEX. I would like to avoid cheap plastic junk as this will be installed in a crawl space and I would rather have it last a long time than to get back down there to replace it in a few years.

Here is link to sewing machine base: https://i.pinimg.com/736x/24/d0/19/...ue-sewing-machines-singer-sewing-machines.jpg

Back