please help no water coming out

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

510thebay

Reaction score
I have a delta single handle shower and no water comes out. I removed the old cartridge and flushed it and even remove the shower head and tub spout and flushed the shower head and it flushed out the tub spout. I replaced the cartridge and nothing still. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

I have a delta single handle shower and no water comes out.

No water comes out of WHERE?
First you say you have a shower valve .
Then you say you removed a tub spout???
So you have a Tub/shower valve

I removed the old cartridge and flushed it and even remove the shower head and tub spout and flushed the shower head

Not sure what you meanand it flushed out the tub spout.What flushed out the tub spout I replaced the cartridge and nothing still. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Often the diverter mechanism to send water to the shower head on a Tub/shower valve is on the tub spout. So if you remove the tub spout, you can't divert the water to the shower head.

To rephrase; You removed the shower head and tried to flushed the pipe and shower arm that the head attaches to, with the head removed But it comes out the pipe that the tub spout is attached to.

block the flow from the tub spout pipe hold a rag against the opening and open valve. DO YOU get water out of pipe to shower head?
If so clean out the blockage in the head or replace the head

Its the valve body i removed the cartridge and blew into the valve body and its seems closed or clogged? Is there a way of fixing this? So basically on the valve body water comes out of the ports hot and cold no problem it just not going into the top port which leads to the spout/ shower head.

Leave the cartridge out turn off valve to water heater turn on cold water let water blast through valve I usually put a shop vac on valve then do the same to hot side

And post a picture of valve if it has the three copper pipes on valve they might be twisted due to removing the bones and there for no water valve will need to be replaced

Back