Please help ID this fixture - shower faucet cartridge replacement

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 10180

Reaction score
I am trying to replace the cartridge in a single lever shower faucet. The face plate says it's a Moen, but everything I've found online looks a little different than what I have. I've removed the hex screw and taken off the lever, and removed the center screw. However I can't get the cartridge out - the second image attached (217) shows the metal piece that I can't figure out how to take off. The number on it is 100484.

Any advice on how to take this thing apart and replace the cartridge would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

IMG_0220.jpg

IMG_0217.jpg

IMG_0218.jpg

IMG_0219.jpg

Remove the Philips head screw and the rest of the assembly. There will be a retaining clip you need to remove in order to remove the cartridge.

If you pull the handle outward to turn the water on, it will be a 1225B cartridge. If you just turn the handle to turn water on, it will be a 1222B cartridge

Thanks Matt. Any idea how to remove the rest of the assembly? I take out the Phillips head screw and then can't get the metal adapter-type piece off (picture attached). It looks different than all the pictures/videos I see online for Moen faucets. I'm just wondering if there's a chance this is not actually a Moen faucet- just has a Moen faceplate.

image.jpg

It's a Moen. That is how their metal handles are set-up. Call Moen at 1-800-BUYMOEN and ask for their tech advice help. They may even send you out the parts you need to repair for free.

Latest posts

Back