Pivot Shower Doors?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lbperry

Reaction score
I have a very small shower in our master bath. The finished entrance width is 25 1/2". My wife wants me to replace the door. The existing door hinges fairly close to the side of the opening and therefore provides the maximum width opening, which, in a door this narrow, makes things a lot easier.
It seems that all new shower doors that I can find so far are the new "pivot" type doors in which the "pivot" or hinge is much further from the side of the opening.
My existing door provides an opening of approx. 23". The new pivot doors typically give me only 18" - 19" width, which just isn't enough.
Does anyone know of a manufacturer that makes a shower door that will give me the maximum width? It will likely have to be an adjustable width door since that has been the only kind that I have been able to find that will fit a 25 1/2" opening.
I'd appreciate any suggestions,

Try contacting Maxx. They should be able to point you in the right direction. If not, you may have to look into a custom install.

Sorry I didn't post a pic or get back to this sooner.
I ordered the correct narrow size door and since it was my first shower door install I spent 2 days on what was a 1/2 day install but when you're retired and have a backup shower I could get away with that.
Fortunately, although the opening is pretty narrow, the overlap portion of the pivoting portion didn't enough to make it unusable. Have almost as much width as the original door.
Thanks for the replies,

Back