PilotStat & Gas Valve combo

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drkernel

Reaction score
Good evening!
It looks like I need to replace this part but I'm not able to find a replacement
Does anyone know if there is a replacement part for this model?

Attachments

• 1677815239461.png
    1677815239461.png
    303.8 KB · Views: 1
  • PART3.png
    PART3.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
There are conversion kits but really only appropriate for those trained and knowledgeable. And given the age and low efficiency of the equipment, it makes for a poor investment.

Could this model be a good match to have this replaced?
my plumber still trying to find out but I wanted to buy the part if possible
New Honeywell VR8300 A 4516

Hello Drkenel,

This is NOT a do-it-yourself job. See 2nd paragraph, below

For Your Plumber To Install:
There are many replacements for that popular valve; even electronic ignition models.
Several web sites have cross-references from Honeywell to current models. Try ControlsCentral (com). Search for Cross reference for a chart.
Honeywell also has charts to current models of their brand.
Some other brands, such as White Rodgers, have cross references Honeywell to theirs. (Except the dreaded SV150 9M5109 & SV9601M4571 "Smart Valve" that no manufacturer will touch) Verify the dimensions if your space is tight. Some cross references are not so perfect.

Following along the lines of what Breplum said, I believe it is critical that you Do Not install this yourself. Only use a licensed AND insured plumber or mechanical contractor. No craigslist trunk-slammers allowed.
It's not only dangerous to your family if something goes wrong, should there ever be a fire or explosion and the insurance company's adjuster sees the replacement valve, you will be stranded. They are good at wiggling out & will search high and low for an escape.

I also very much agree, if funds allow, new equipment is a wiser investment. Less energy use and fewer breakdowns are benefits, plus a warranty. This valve and installation's cost is a good percentage of an equipment change's cost.

Check with your local utility. Many are offering generous rebates and/or zero interest financing for new machinery. The IRS may still have Energy Credits available, too. (Changes yearly)

I hope your project, which ever way you proceed, goes well!
Paul

Hello Drkenel,

This is NOT a do-it-yourself job. See 2nd paragraph, below

For Your Plumber To Install:
There are many replacements for that popular valve; even electronic ignition models.
Several web sites have cross-references from Honeywell to current models. Try ControlsCentral (com). Search for Cross reference for a chart.
Honeywell also has charts to current models of their brand.
Some other brands, such as White Rodgers, have cross references Honeywell to theirs. (Except the dreaded SV150 9M5109 & SV9601M4571 "Smart Valve" that no manufacturer will touch) Verify the dimensions if your space is tight. Some cross references are not so perfect.

Following along the lines of what Breplum said, I believe it is critical that you Do Not install this yourself. Only use a licensed AND insured plumber or mechanical contractor. No craigslist trunk-slammers allowed.
It's not only dangerous to your family if something goes wrong, should there ever be a fire or explosion and the insurance company's adjuster sees the replacement valve, you will be stranded. They are good at wiggling out & will search high and low for an escape.

I also very much agree, if funds allow, new equipment is a wiser investment. Less energy use and fewer breakdowns are benefits, plus a warranty. This valve and installation's cost is a good percentage of an equipment change's cost.

Check with your local utility. Many are offering generous rebates and/or zero interest financing for new machinery. The IRS may still have Energy Credits available, too. (Changes yearly)

I hope your project, which ever way you proceed, goes well!
Paul
Thanks for the info,
The plumber came yesterday and everything is up and running now :)

Back