Pex tool

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silver57

Reaction score
In need to replace my old pex cinch tool. Thought I'd throw it out to you guys hit me with pros and cons of different types brands. My current tool is probably 15yr old. I see lots out there not sure what to buy.
Thanks

The PEX A system is faster once you get used to it. Initial cost is higher.

Next fastest is the stainless crimp bands, they are faster than the copper bands, because you can do all of the band sizes with one tool. I’m getting ready to re-plumb my house, and bought a tool to do them at home.

We’ve been using Apollo crimpers, and copper rings about thirteen years with no issues at work. But they are a bit slow to do. Becasue we have the tools with a set of dies for each tubing size, and you have to switch them out to change sizes. Which if you’re doing production is fine, do the big stuff first, the switch dies and do the 1/2 inch. Finally run any 3/8 that you have to. In repair work it can get to be a hassle.

In my opinion the copper crimp ring system is the fastest.

I have dedicated size tools, there’s no switching out dies like the Apollo. Although I do have that tool as well.

Latest posts

Back