P trap

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cmdiva

Reaction score
Hi all. I have a question about the need for a p trap. A plumber put in my washer dryer lines and connected drain. See first pic, there is nothing else to the left of the washer dryer line, it's all drain outside the house from there. At first he didn't have a p trap in there at all but a friend mentioned something about it so he added one under the WD box.

I'm wondering, if p trap is supposed to stop sewer gasses, what is stopping those gasses from passing over to my dishwasher and sink that is on nearby wall connected to same drain? Do I need another p trap? Or should p trap be to the left of the WD to stop gases for the whole drain line instead of just the WD part.

IMG_7282.jpg

IMG_7397.jpg

IMG_7398.jpg

there is no fall, that line is level. it will stop up every 6 mths like clock work

the washer needs a vent how high is the sink drain ?

you have p traps undr the sinks. installed ater the cabinets are .

you need to remove the plumbing from that wall.

lower the line where it ties into what ever it is you tied into.

remove and replace the drilled wood.

then redrill the new 2 x's each hole should be 3/16 higher that the last hole

your piping is flat. aint gonna work

IMG_7397.jpg

IMG_7398.jpg

Last edited:
No "plumber" did your drain piping. If a plumbing company did it, they had an unsupervised, first day apprentice, or worse yet "tech" do the work. The drain piping is REALLY BAD. Frodo's advice is a good start. Fire your "plumber" and have a competent professional re-do the job.

Thanks so much for advice. I'm so frustrated. This company has been a nightmare to deal with.

Thanks. With your original statement, nobody knew if you were commenting on the original poster or the folks here trying to help them.

Latest posts

Back