Open Drain

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScottAH

Reaction score
Hello, I've got a sink in my garage that is connected to my normal house septic system. Sometimes I'm cleaning things out there that I would prefer not to send into my septic tank so I would like add a secondary drain that goes to an open bucket. There is about 10 feet of exposed abs drain line so access isn't an issue. Does anyone know of a good way to accomplish this? My current plan would be to add a sanitary abs Tee with a 1/4 turn valve but I'm not sure it's the best plan.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Hello, I've got a sink in my garage that is connected to my normal house septic system. Sometimes I'm cleaning things out there that I would prefer not to send into my septic tank so I would like add a secondary drain that goes to an open bucket. There is about 10 feet of exposed abs drain line so access isn't an issue. Does anyone know of a good way to accomplish this? My current plan would be to add a sanitary abs Tee with a 1/4 turn valve but I'm not sure it's the best plan.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
We need pics so we can help

they make three way valves to do this. manual and electric available. popular with grey water diversion adherents.

they make three way valves to do this. manual and electric available. popular with grey water diversion adherents.

A three way looks like it's the way to go, popular with pool applications. Is there a good spot to pick one up or should most plumbing stores carry them?

Thanks again!

Pool shops maybe, but they would typically only stock 2" size for pools.
Unless grey water diversion is popular around you, plumbing shops do not keep them around either.

Back