Only showers don't get hot

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danhome

Reaction score
We have 2 bathrooms. A tankless water heater.
We've had no issues. Recently we redid our main line from street to house in copper. And replaced the pressure regulator.

Now both showers do not get hot. They get luke warm but not hot. All sinks in bathrooms and kitchen get hot. It's only the showers including the tub faucet.

Anyone have ANY idea what could be causing this??

Thanks so much.

2 handle or Single with pressure balance valve?

maybe the balance spools in the valve got fouled and are restricting the hot water flow.

I have strange valve. It has a temperature knob in the middle. And a small level to turn on water on and off

The temperature knob works to turn it ice cold to Luke warm. Can't get it hot. I dunno why redoing the main line would affect both showers.

IMG_3177.jpg

May I ask when was the last time your tankless was serviced? Is the hot water issue only in the showers? If not you may have something lodged in water line at tankless.

Tankless serviced less than year ago. And all sinks get hot. Just not the showers.

Might have something lodged in the line somewhere. It can happen when the water is turned off then turned back on. Take the cartridges out and have someone slowly crank the main water supply back on and see if anything flushes out.

Back