Only one of two bathroom sinks works

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soulever

Reaction score
I have two separate sinks in the same bathroom. This afternoon, after a water main broke on the street and was repaired. One of the two faucets stopped working. I checked the aerator but it was fine. Both hot and cold water are out for that sink but operational for all over hot/cold taps in the house... any advice on where to troubleshoot next?

I want to add that i heard a lot of noise when turning the tap on that sink on the first time. Water sputtered out and then stopped. Both valves are open and i checked under the house to find no leaks (i suspected a pipe burst or something).

Last edited:
you have trash in the stop.

turn the water to the house off, take the valve under the sink off, clean it ,
put it back on and turn water on

Thank you, I suspected something like this. I'll give it a shot when I get home this evening.

So I turned off the valves for hot and cold. Took apart all of the threaded pipes/hoses under the sink and rinsed them out. I plugged everything back in and turned the valve under the sink to full and it clogged again immediately.
If i leave the valves at 90% they work fine.

Anyone got any idea why this is?

Back