Old Drainage Pipe

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1000r

Reaction score
We recently bought a house built in 1955. We had to gut the basement after a heating pipe burst and I brought someone in to run a camera through the drainage pipe that goes out to our septic. The drainage pipe has a lot of scaling and some troughs where the water gathers. It was recommended to put in a sleeve by the person who did the camera work. However, my plumber says I should rip up the concrete floor and replace the pipe. The sleeve isn't cheap but replacing the pipe is even more costly. Does anyone have any suggestions? There is no immediate problem so should I just leave it alone? Thanks.

Well if your not having issues, I may leave it,the co camering the drain probably does pipe lining.cjanging the pipe in the floor would be very evasive,I did that at my brother inlaws place we saw cut the floor but it was messy,time consuming, anyway we have had our pipes lined at work anywhere from 15" down to 4" it does work well....so far I guess we are 10 years into the first job,I'm sure it's expensive but they can fix dips on the pipes,it is expensive but not very messy

Well if your not having issues, I may leave it,the co camering the drain probably does pipe lining.cjanging the pipe in the floor would be very evasive,I did that at my brother inlaws place we saw cut the floor but it was messy,time consuming, anyway we have had our pipes lined at work anywhere from 15" down to 4" it does work well....so far I guess we are 10 years into the first job,I'm sure it's expensive but they can fix dips on the pipes,it is expensive but not very messy
Thanks for the response. One of the arguments for doing something (rather than just leave it alone) is the the room is gutted. Once the walls and the floors are back up it will be more expensive to fix a problem down the road.

Back