No pressure in house

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scotto90

Reaction score
Hey everyone, recently I was having issues with my well pump (1hp shallow jet) not producing pressure in my house. Long story short I ended up completely replacing the pressure tank, pump, and check valve. Water ran great for about a week and then this morning no pressure at all. Reprimed the pump and nothing. Any ideas what the issue could be? Hoping my well isn’t going dry, the well was originally dug in 94 if that helps. Any advice would be immensely appreciated

Attachments

• IMG_8521.mov
    17.9 MB
You need to confirm that there is water in the well, and it has to stay above about 25 feet with the pump running. Much of our country is in a drought, I don't know about your area. If the water level has dropped below 25 feet you should use a submersible pump, they pump more water using less electricity, much more efficient.

How do you check the water level with the pump running ?
I checked mine only by checking the water mark on the pipe when i pulled the old bad pump.

I can see down in the top of our casing, and I run a 25-foot tape measure down until it hits the water.

I can see the water ripple, but our water table is less than 20 feet.

Mine is about 16 feet down, but I don't think I could see it. Just changed out our submersible less than a year ago, and we were in a rush to get it done. I was lucky to have had the time to measure the water mark on the pipe. Maybe next time I can look. Hopfully 20 years. But the way they make things these days..most likely 10.

Back