no hot water in shower or bath sinks after replumbing shower

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stewmanchoo

Reaction score
Hello, I just replumbed the downstairs shower in an upstairs/downstairs duplex. After turning the water on to do the pressure test, I now have no hot water in the bathroom sink and the upstairs neighbor has no hot water in his shower or bath sink either. The place has a sink in the basement which has hot water, as do both of the kitchen sinks. I'm leaning toward the idea that since there's no cartridge in the valve body yet, the hot and cold are mixing evenly in the valve, therefore, causing cool to tepid water to come out in the upstairs shower/sinks. Luckily, the plumbing is still exposed, so if I need to do something there, I can. I've replaced a few of these before, and never had issues (including the upstairs shower 3 years ago). Am I on the right track? If I put the cartridge in, could this fix the problem? I'm not a plumber (obviously), but am fairly handy, and this has me stumped. Just for kicks, I even tested the elements in the tank for continuity, and they were fine. I know that this may be redundant since there is hot water in the kitchens/basement, but I wanted to test all that my limited knowledge would allow. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!

Back