newbie to teaching

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard Rash

Reaction score
After years of farming I have been hired as an agricultural teacher. I am over my head running a greenhouse but I have an idea what I want but my search game is weak. I need a low volume submersible pump for an hydroponics system. Economically priced. the pumps i have tried burn out on weekends and are not designed for continuous flow apparently. I use a 100 gallon stock tank recycled with 3/4 inch plastic input and output feeding I.5 inch pvc for the net pots and growing cubes. I'd like to set it and forget it but at least check 2-3 times per week outside of school days such as this winter break.

Just writing out loud: search hydroponics. You might get lucky here, so do keep an eye out. For my backyard fountain I use submersible pond pump but the output on mine is 3/8”. Maybe look up pond pump. One with a little built in flow control manual valve maybe.

From my experience in Rimworld, the key is an accessible geothermal energy source. But irl there might be more some more important considerations. Anyways, I am just starting in here as well, so I am happy that you have decided to join and I am looking forward to learning from you in the future. Good luck.

Back