Need help finding new shower fixtures I can replace existing one with

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dco223

Reaction score
I am trying to replace my shower fixtures but my existing one is a bit unusual in that it seems to have a trim piece that covers the extended pipe into the shower. I am not able to find a new shower fixture that also cover the pipe that extends out of the wall about 4 1/2 inches.

Anyone know what I should be looking for when looking for new fixtures?

Attachments

• IMG_8763.jpg
    IMG_8763.jpg
    965.8 KB · Views: 18
That's a Symmons Nu Arm #HC1087
Or as shown on Amazon as Symmons Shower Head Bracket 301
https://www.amazon.com/Symmons-Show...ocphy=9001930&hvtargid=pla-272974989070&psc=1

You wouldn't necessarily have to duplicate it if you didn't want to. I would suspect that piece simply screws on to a threaded piece sticking out from the wall where you could likely install just the traditional bent chrome pipe or whatever.

That's a Symmons Nu Arm #HC1087
Or as shown on Amazon as Symmons Shower Head Bracket 301
https://www.amazon.com/Symmons-Show...ocphy=9001930&hvtargid=pla-272974989070&psc=1

You wouldn't necessarily have to duplicate it if you didn't want to. I would suspect that piece simply screws on to a threaded piece sticking out from the wall where you could likely install just the traditional bent chrome pipe or whatever.

Thanks! Yes the pipe sticks out about 4 1/2 inches from the wall and that piece screws on to the end just to cover the pipe. Im looking for something similar that screws on to the pipe while covering it at the same time. Any suggestions what to look for? I am having trouble fining a replacement trim piece.

Is there something wrong with the current piece?

Typically there is a female threaded pipe connection just inside the face of the wall. From there the traditional bent pipe provides the shower head mount.
So there's a chance that piece of pipe that you refer to can screw out. Can you see how it's connected? If it screws out you could go with whatever you want.

chrome-hansgrohe-shower-arms-slide-bars-04186003-64_1000.jpg

Is there something wrong with the current piece?

Typically there is a female threaded pipe connection just inside the face of the wall. From there the traditional bent pipe provides the shower head mount.
So there's a chance that piece of pipe that you refer to can screw out. Can you see how it's connected? If it screws out you could go with whatever you want.

View attachment 22384
Ahh that makes sense. I havent looked yet but I will try it. Nothing wrong with the piece just look to change. Thanks!!

The piece you want to remove might have a threaded extension that screws into the shower riser elbow.

Or it might have a hollow back that screws onto a short nipple, and the short nipple is screwed into the riser elbow.

Either way, you can unscrew whatever is there, until you only have the female threads of the riser elbow, which you should see just slightly behind the finished tile wall.

Then the more typical type of shower arm like Diehard has pictured can be screwed in, with several wraps of teflon tape around the male threads first.

You can screw it in firmly, by hand, so it does not get scratched up.

Thank
The piece you want to remove might have a threaded extension that screws into the shower riser elbow.

Or it might have a hollow back that screws onto a short nipple, and the short nipple is screwed into the riser elbow.

Either way, you can unscrew whatever is there, until you only have the female threads of the riser elbow, which you should see just slightly behind the finished tile wall.

Then the more typical type of shower arm like Diehard has pictured can be screwed in, with several wraps of teflon tape around the male threads first.

You can screw it in firmly, by hand, so it does not get scratched up.
Thank you!!

Back