Natural gas fireplaces without outside venting - Are they safe?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlueSkyHigh

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My "hovel" came equipped with a natural gas fireplace that is not vented to the outside but, rather, the combustion gases are vented into the interior of the house. I am assuming this sort of installation has been deemed safe for use but is it really?

I retrofitted my smoke and fire only detectors to include CO detection as well just in case.

My "hovel" came equipped with a natural gas fireplace that is not vented to the outside but, rather, the combustion gases are vented into the interior of the house. I am assuming this sort of installation has been deemed safe for use but is it really?

I retrofitted my smoke and fire only detectors to include CO detection as well just in case.
no different than a ventless heater. its not meant to be ran forever or the primary source of heat for a residence.

the heaters ive installed have oxygen depletion systems that shut the gas off if it senses low oxygen in the room. hopefully it works 🤣

My logs are first gen “dumb” logs without a lick of sense.
no different than a ventless heater. its not meant to be ran forever or the primary source of heat for a residence.

the heaters ive installed have oxygen depletion systems that shut the gas off if it senses low oxygen in the room. hopefully it works 🤣

My logs are as dumb as stumps.

Latest posts

Back