Moving sink drain location.

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snowdrift

Reaction score
I am currently working on remodeling my basement bathroom. Plaese refer to the attached picture. The old sink used to be parallel the cinder block wall but I would like to move it over to the left and have it positioned perpendicular to the cinder block wall. I would like to move the sink drain to one of the new locations indicated. Is it possible to just tee off of one of the existing drain/vent pipes and run a straight length of pipe through the studs over to a J-pipe at the new drain locations? If so would the pipe need to be sloped?

Drain location.jpg

The line needs to be pitched. As far as using the line on the inside wall it would depend on what that line goes to. If it's a waste line for another fixture you would have to vent the new sink.

John

The line needs to be pitched. As far as using the line on the inside wall it would depend on what that line goes to. If it's a waste line for another fixture you would have to vent the new sink.

John

Thanks for the reply. The line on the inside wall to the left is the vent pipe for the shower drain. Is tapping into that still acceptable?

If that is the shower drain it could work. The line coming through the slab looks like it's 2" then it's being reduced to 1-1/2". If so then cut the line below the reducer, use a 2" coupling and continue with 2" up to the height for you sink drain. At that point use a 2 x 1-1/2 x 1-1/2" sanitary tee.

John

Back