Moving Bathroom Sink Drain

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike81

Reaction score
I'm currently remodeling my master bath. I've worked in the cabinetry & carpentry business for about 15 years off and on. I'm going to build a new vanity. The old one had the sink on the left. I'm thinking about putting the new one in the center of the 5' long cabinet. I've never really messed with plumbing, but I'm sure I could handle it with some guidance.

According to this http://ia700308.us.archive.org/18/items/gov.ga.plumbing/ga_plumbing.pdf table 906.1 states a 1.5" trap can be a maximum of 6' from the vent. Right now, the center of the vent to the center of the where the drain comes out of the wall is 18". The center of the sink drain will be about 10"-12" to the right of where it is now.

What is the easiest way to do this? Can I simply do something like the attached drawing? Also, for the supply lines, can I simply buy longer ones to reach the sink? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2012-12-01_03-53-56_588.jpg

2012-12-01_04-05-51_398.jpg

Drain.jpg

Last edited:
Longer supply tubes would be OK. But as far as the drain why not just shorten the waste arm in the wall? Just cut the arm and turn it out at the center of the new sink.

John

The only place I can cut it would be to the left of the stud. I'm not sure there is enough room to cut to the right of it. I could take off about 6 inches. So I would still need to add some pipe to the drain.

Edit:

Now that I think about it, I guess I'll just cut to the left of the stud, attach a 90 degree, come out the wall, attach a 45 degree, then straight toward the drain to the p-trap. Is this what you are suggesting?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back