Moen Shower stem

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redtide151

Reaction score
Hello!
Can anyone identify this stem? Or which model will replace it if i can't get this one anymore?

Attachments

• moen stem.jpg
    moen stem.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 23
You sure you didn't leave some of that valve inside? Seems you are missing part of it.

Watch some YouTube videos on how to remove it without destroying the valve body

You can buy several versions of a tool that will pull out the rest of it.

You will also see some home made versions on Youtube.

I think a member on here has a company that sells a good tool for that, bawalter.

You can buy several versions of a tool that will pull out the rest of it.

You will also see some home made versions on Youtube.

I think a member on here has a company that sells a good tool for that, bawalter.

Not to toot our own horn but...yeah I think it is the best tool for the job, especially if the core get pulled.

I use the t-type puller made by Moen.

I first spin the cartridge in the valve body then use the Moen puller.
You don’t yank on the puller.....it has a nut that tightens down against the valve body that pulls the cartridge out.

The inside stem rarely pulls out of the cartridge if you spin the cartridge first, at least in my service area. We have great water.....

But yeah, nice tool you’ve manufactured there.....

Hi all,
Okay, a quick question about this 1200 cartridge. The customer would like me to upgrade the trim, diverter handle, and tub spout, not the valve itself. I'm having trouble finding a shower/tub set that isn't PosiTemp or Moentrol. Can anyone tell me what shower/tub set is compatible with the 1200 cartridge?

Thanks again

Hi all,
Okay, a quick question about this 1200 cartridge. The customer would like me to upgrade the trim, diverter handle, and tub spout, not the valve itself. I'm having trouble finding a shower/tub set that isn't PosiTemp or Moentrol. Can anyone tell me what shower/tub set is compatible with the 1200 cartridge?

Thanks again
Here’s what you need to determine what it is you actually have and what trim is available.

https://solutions.moen.com/Article_Library/Can_I_Replace_My_Shower_Trim?

Latest posts

Back