Moen shower handle

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris

Reaction score
My guest shower has had a broken shower handle for a couple years now, I have bought a few different ones from the box stores but none seem to be a perfect match or work the way they are supposed to. Can anyone help me out locating a factory replacement or aftermarket that will work like it is supposed to? We didn't use this shower much at all but now we give the baby baths in there and a box wrench I have been told is tacky for a handle. The house was built in 97 if that helps date this thing.

photo (2).jpg

It's the moen scald guard 96884. Don't need to go to Home Depot definitely your worst bet. Moen will probably send you one at no charge.

If the cartridge is a bit stiff (should be smooth like butter) to turn you should replace it also. Stiff cartridges is probably the number one reason moen crystal handle break.

It's very smooth. This shower has probably only been used a couple hundred times since 97. Just often enough to keep it working. My problem is that I have a gorilla for a father in law who manages to break much of what he touches.

Well they actually have a metal handle that is made for it. Part# 14732

Latest posts

Back