Moen faucet leaks

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mreber

Reaction score
I have a Moen kitchen faucet that has been leaking at the base for a few months. Recently, the leak has become much worse. It only leaks at the base of the faucet when the water is running. It is a Moen Extensa faucet, based on what I have found on the internet. The faucet was already installed when I recently bought the house. I've replaced the O-rings and cartridge from the parts sold at Home Depot. That has done absolutely nothing to stop the leak. Doing my research, the only other thing I can think to replace is the vacuum breaker. Before I buy and replace another item that will do absolutely nothing to stop the leak, does anyone have any ideas what else could be wrong? Should I just buy a new faucet?

Honestly, I would stop investing money into this faucet. Think about it like this. You have almost rebuilt the thing and it's still bad. I would just replace it with a better faucet at this point. It's a matter of time before you are dealing with this again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Replace faucet. Moen is junk and once it gets corrosion inside the faucet it becomes not worth it

Back