Mirolin Shower

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ton

Reaction score
Good Evening

I have discovered a mess at my summer home. I had a Mirolin shower with base installed three years ago. It's leaking at one corner. (see picture the gap here between the glass and the base is (1/4 to 1/2") What has happened is the base has dropped. I believe the seal between the wall panels and the base broke due to poor install. I had told my contractor to finish my bath floor with cement board over 3/4 ply and the shower was to to be installed on top of the cement board. He said it was not needed for the floor under the shower had 4 layers of plywood therefore it was dropped onto to its own self contained sub floor that is lower than the tiled floor. (see pictures) I will be taking the entire shower out. Any suggestions on how to this right given what I got is appreciated.

Do I build that floor up to the level of the tile floor sub floor? Do I leave it on its own floor keeping it at the same height and take out the rot and wet floor and put in cement board under the shower leveled and shimmed of course? This will change the over all height and some plumping on the taps will be necessary. Do we place the base in cement to reinforce and remove flex? Do I staple felt paper on the studs above the base? Can I use marine 3m silicone to seal that bottom base or what is the best silicone I can use? I used 100% clear but was not impressed. Thank you.

IMG_20170518_211848779.jpg

IMG_20170518_211906488.jpg

WP_20141019_003.jpg

Last edited:
Back