Measuring Incoming Gas Pressure to Stove

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wcniedba

Reaction score
I have a new BlueStar Platinum range that I'm trying to hook up. I am wanting to make sure everything is connected per their instructions. They mention the following regarding the incoming gas line:

"Incoming gas pressure should be checked with a manometer. The correct manifold pressure for natural gas is 5.0” wc. Incoming line pressure upstream of the appliance should be 1.0” wc greater than the operating manifold pressure."

I currently have a 3/4" pipe stubbed out behind the stove with a shut-off valve. I would think testing the pressure would be as easy as connecting a gauge to this fitting and then opening the valve but I can't seem to find evidence of this being the case. It seems like most of these manometers are designed to connect to appliances themselves or something.

If anyone knows how I can test this it would be much appreciated!

I have a new BlueStar Platinum range that I'm trying to hook up. I am wanting to make sure everything is connected per their instructions. They mention the following regarding the incoming gas line:

"Incoming gas pressure should be checked with a manometer. The correct manifold pressure for natural gas is 5.0” wc. Incoming line pressure upstream of the appliance should be 1.0” wc greater than the operating manifold pressure."

I currently have a 3/4" pipe stubbed out behind the stove with a shut-off valve. I would think testing the pressure would be as easy as connecting a gauge to this fitting and then opening the valve but I can't seem to find evidence of this being the case. It seems like most of these manometers are designed to connect to appliances themselves or something.

If anyone knows how I can test this it would be much appreciated!
You may want to try going to YouTube and searching for videos from grayfurnaceman.com. He is a wonderful resource and has a few different videos on the use of manometers.

Latest posts

Back