Massachusetts 👋

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it true that it’s illegal fo install your own water heater in Massachusetts ?

I heard the inspector will knock on your door if they see a empty water heater box out for the trash to pick up. 🤡

Is it true that it’s illegal fo install your own water heater in Massachusetts ?

I heard the inspector will knock on your door if they see a empty water heater box out for the trash to pick up. 🤡
Yes , basically you can't do much with out a permit or lic.

You can get a permit and do any electrical you want, doesn't matter what. Licensed or not as long as it's your residence. But you not allowed to any type of the simplest of plumbing in this state. I upgraded my electrical panel. No problem. Passed. But if they catch me replacing my outdoor spigot, its drop the wrench and hands behind your head.

You can get a permit and do any electrical you want, doesn't matter what. Licensed or not as long as it's your residence. But you not allowed to any type of the simplest of plumbing in this state. I upgraded my electrical panel. No problem. Passed. But if they catch me replacing my outdoor spigot, its drop the wrench and hands behind your head.

I’m going to advertise handyman plumbing work on a Massachusetts Craigslist just fir fun 🤡

Repipes and water heater replacements. 🤣

I bet my phone would ring off the hook

Last edited:
where i am the home owner is allowed to work on plumbing in his own house. but no electrical.

Latest posts

Back