MacDee toilet help!

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheesenethod

Reaction score
Hi, I'm hoping someone can help.

I've got a concealed macdee toilet which has been leaking out of the plastic cistern for a while now.
My knowledge isn't that great here, but with some help I replaced the blue part on the left of the picture, and now things have got worse.
When flushed water come out really quick from the top of the blue bit on the left, which in turn causes the water to leak out all over, I tried to re seal the lid to alleviate the problem but it didn't help.

In addition to all that, when flushed the water doesn't fill up the cistern anymore water just constantly runs into the toilet bowl.

Can anyone help me, what should I replace here?

Thanks!

image.jpg

I am thinking that you are in the UK? I think I have seen that type of fill valve in pictures from over there before.

I don't have any experience with these, but from the picture and from your description of the problem, I think that you are missing a piece of hose from the nipple on the blue cap to the white tube in the middle of the tank. That will allow water to refill the bowl as it refills the tank.

Back