Low water pressure in house

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JJF888

Reaction score
Had a pipe from well to pump house burst. Replaced the pipe. In the house, when I open faucets, I get full pressure for about 10-15 seconds, then it slows down to about 1/4 of that pressure. Shutting the faucets off for a few minutes will start that cycle again.

It is a shallow well system with the tank being about 5 years old. If I run the spicket attached at the tank I get full pressure. Confused!

Sounds like you have a restriction in the line. Probably something got in when it was broken and got flushed further down the line. You maybe able to blow it out in the opposite direction.

Sounds like you have a restriction in the line. Probably something got in when it was broken and got flushed further down the line. You maybe able to blow it out in the opposite direction.
Can you recommend a technique to do that? Tia.

Cut the pipe where is was broken. Open a faucet at the house, hold a valve stem for a tubeless tire in the faucet, and force air back towards the cut pipe. If something is blocking, it should go out the cut pipe.

Back