Low water flow

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kotlevich

Reaction score
I moved in my old house 1 yr ago. It has good static pressure 60 psi where water enters the house and by the water heater. However, as I turn on 3 faucets pressure drops to 30 psi and water pressure on higher floors become poor. House was re plumbed with copper 7 yrs ago. Water main is 3/4. All risers are 3/4.
What should be my next step?
I had a few plumbers over: they either suggest changing water main to the street, installing expansion tank or changing the pipe from entry to the house untill it splits on hot and cold. Because both hot and cold are affected
I am at a loss. What would you do next?

You could have a faulty pressure regulator and/or bad check valve at meter if applicable. Have someone check these items.
Also make sure the main shutoff valve is fully open.

No prv, also hous does not shut off valve at the curb( confirmed with water company). How do you check check valve at the meter? It's a ball gated valve

Update:
I replaced service water line from the main to the house, I used one inch to be certain, it solved my water pressure problem. Thank you to everyone that helped me.

Latest posts

Back