Looking for a Milwaulkee propress tool

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brad.smith3485

Reaction score
I'm a plumbing professional and with the age of the infrastructure locally, finding more and more difficulties with valves not holding water back yet repairs are necessary. I'm looking for a milwaulkee propress tool, short throw ideally. Tool only, 12 or 18v, doesn't matter. Jaws from 1/2" to 1" as I do mainly residential service. Simply not looking to spend $2k if a used tool exists in good condition. Thanks!

If you don’t even want to buy the tool at retail are you going to buy the fittings that cost an arm and a leg ? Plus the tool has a service interval, that costs money too.

You never know the number of presses you'll get on a used tool.
I bought my big Ridgid 240 on EBAY and have pressed our way through many stories of projects through 2-1/2" on down. Couldn't be happier by the way.
It is a price of entry for the equipment but in my part of the world, the cost of press fittings just isn't a thing especially because our labor is outrageous.
EVERY plumbing contractor owns press tools out here.
I also wouldn't go out without the compact close quarter head kit that Ridgid makes for tight spots. 1651445217711.png

3/4” 90 press fitting is $4.26
3/4” 90 solder fitting is $1.28

just to give people an idea of the cost difference.

sure you still need to buy copper sweat supplies and they’re not cheap, but there’s no $2000+ tool to buy and maintain.......or walk off a job.

Pro's and con's on both sides! Be it right or wrong, sweating pipes (no matter how tight the space) is "expected" by the consumer. We have won a bunch of jobs just by asking how our competitor is attaching their fittings (consumers don't know what they don't know!?) and showing them the "NEW" press technology we use. And to Twowax's point, we charge more, cause it's better (haha)!

For the actual tool, the M12 (2473) is under $2k and comes with 1/2" to 1" jaws for cooper and will handle up to 1.25" copper but only 3/4" IPS. We also do 99% residential (rehab) but occasionally have gas line up to 1.5" so we went with the Milwaukee 2922 (M18). Not sure on the M12 but the M18 is rated for 50K presses between services.

Just to not have the taste of "water soluble" flux for any number of days for picky customers, public schools, commercial buildings, multi-units it is hands down the only way we fly.

Just to not have the taste of "water soluble" flux for any number of days for picky customers, public schools, commercial buildings, multi-units it is hands down the only way we fly.

I’ll be sure to start “ Google “ a thread about the taste of the o ring lube they use on the propress fittings 🤡🤣🤣🤣

3/4” 90 press fitting is $4.26
3/4” 90 solder fitting is $1.28

just to give people an idea of the cost difference.

sure you still need to buy copper sweat supplies and they’re not cheap, but there’s no $2000+ tool to buy and maintain.......or walk off a job.
Thanks for the insight but I've never walked off a job and don't plan to do so, nor was I asking about fitting costs. Simply inquiring about a tool to whom I thought would act professional. I'll keep further questions of this genre to myself. Thx and have a great day.
If you don’t even want to buy the tool at retail are you going to buy the fittings that cost an arm and a leg ? Plus the tool has a service interval, that costs money too.
My apologies sir for asking a simple question to which you've helped absolutely zero. If you're not willing to help, take a lesson from city living and just don't respond. If you read more closely, I asked if there was anyone parting with this tool in good condition. I think youre under the impression I'm unable to pay for retail or the fittings it would need, yet, you're sadly mistaken. It's a tool that in what I do daily wouldn't be used and or needed often, hence asking professionals if they know of a used in good condition. I don't think I'll be posting on this board again. Oh, and just raise the flange like you're supposed to do, twowaxhack.

ohhh I didn’t mean to hurt anyone’s feelings. When tools walk off the job.......that’s when they’re stolen.
For those who didn’t “ get it. “

I hope you find a discounted propress. 🤣. I’m so sorry but this isn’t Ebay or Craigslist. 🤷

Latest posts

Back