Leaky sink after replacing drain pipe

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeFixes

Reaction score
Hey All

new to the forum and undoubtedly a novice. Last weekend I replaced the drain in my bathroom sink. Pretty much just the straight pipe from the drain hole to before the P trap. It is leaking very slowly, but it is leaking. It seems as though the leak occurs where the new metal pipe is inserted into the PVC tubing. There is no rubber washers here, the pipe just fit into the PVC and a plastic washer does tighten up but does not appear to do anything. There is a small amount of play. When I wiggle the PVC it clearly is not “attached” to the drain pipe. This is where the leak seems to be. What can I do to fix it ?

Thanks in advance for tour help.
JoeFixes
(Not plumbing obviously!)

Attachments

• IMG_7714.MOV
    14.7 MB
I realized there was not a plastic washer beneath the slip joint. I added that and am keeping an eye on it for any leaks. There are many youtube videos showing you how to take the whole trap off, but I do not have that ability under my sink.....it does not have another removable joint....everything is glued. Not to mention, the water supply lines do not have any shut off valves!

Latest posts

Back