Leaking boiler and kitchen fixture

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohsotammy

Reaction score
Hello,

I have an on-demand boiler that is leaking. It is a very regular drip and it seems like the previous owners did not realize it was dripping as they had shelves covering it. Are there any quick fixes/things we should try before calling in a plumber? We also have a leaking kitchen sink fixture. The leak is under the sink and only coming from the black bulb part.

Any help appreciated!

IMG_1845.jpg
The arrow is pointing to the part of the fixture that is leaking. It only leaks when the water is turned on.

IMG_1847.jpg
The quality is not so great, but I have circled the pipe that is leaking and the water heater is above. Is there a knob or something to tighten that might solve the issue?

IMG_1846.jpg
Water is dripping at a regular interval out of this pipe.

The kitchen faucet. Pull the spray head out snd make sure the hose is tight to the head.

Run the faucet with the head pulled out and see if you see any drips.

It’s most likely the hose, the head or the connection between the two or a combination of all.

It also could be leaking around the cartridge and running down in the interior of the faucet and dripping off the hose at the lowest point.

You’ll have to investigate. Also maybe post a pic of the complete faucet.

I don’t do boilers......

Back