Leaking Bathtub Faucet - Help with replacing washer

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsurfer21

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a leaking bathtub faucet in my master bath. When I tighten the hot and cold knobs hard it stops leaking but I am certain I am tightening too hard. This leads to me thinking the washers need to be replaced. I've attached photos of how far I got with the disassembly.

I'm also not sure if this type of faucet assembly has a style or particular name?
Thanks!

IMGP3209.jpg

IMGP3208.jpg

IMGP3210.jpg

IMGP3211.jpg

IMGP3212.jpg

IMGP3207.jpg

Last edited:
Just unscrew the stems and bring them in to your local plumbing dealer to match up replacements by sight. Remember to replace the faucet seats which are in the wall behind the stems. Have your plumbing dealer set you up with the wrench you will need for that too.

take a screw driver and chipp out the dry wall /mortar and debri around the stem.
That is a Price Pfister valve. You will probably need to replace the seats as well.
very common valve. Make sure you open the valve before you try to unscew it. if not it will act like a screw jack and blow out the seat and make it un repairable.

Not the best VIDEO but it will get you going in the right direction

Back