Leak when using washing machine only

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sushine1

Reaction score
Hey guys I need some help. I have a drain line that I can safely assume runs to the septic or leach field. Hooked up to this line is my washing machine and utility sink. It goes from a pvc pipe to a cast iron pipe. It's flush against the wall but I can move it in and out and turn the pipe around. My dad was hopeful that 100 percent water proof silicone would help. Idk if I didn't clean it out good enough or what. It helped but not a lot. If I add pressure to the pipe and push it against the wall I don't see any water leaking at all. The water that comes and leaks smells like sewer. I also added leach field cleaner since it wasn't expensive and I figured I'd give it a shot. Do you guys have any help or ideas I can try? I don't have the 10 grand it would cost to rip apart the wall and replace the pipe.

Take a few pictures and show us what you’re working with.

20220601_102018.jpg20220523_210532.jpg

It's hard to take decent pictures with the sink in the way but here's what I'm working with

Latest posts

Back