Leak under Air Conditioning Vent

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rangerpr

Reaction score
During the Summer, there is a leak that develops from under the vent that is sitting right above one of the kitchen cabinets. During the winter there is no problem I guess because there is no warm air to hit the cold coming out of the vent. This summer it was pretty bad because it was so hot in Virginia. I had an AC guy coming in but didnt say anything about the condensation. Has anyone had this problem before? :(

make sure the condensate line is not clogged and check the smitty pan the unit sits in for any signs of water. also is there a condensate pump in attic

I do know some high humidity areas have to install another doo-hickey (similar to a dehumidifier heating coil) which stops the moisture from dripping out of the vents. I'm sorry for not knowing more on this topic, buy did watch a segment on a home repair TV show. Please give a local heating/air conditioning company and see if they could guide you better.

Also, if successful, please let us know the actual name of this part so I can eliminate the "doo-hickey" from this thread.

During the Summer, there is a leak that develops from under the vent that is sitting right above one of the kitchen cabinets. During the winter there is no problem I guess because there is no warm air to hit the cold coming out of the vent. This summer it was pretty bad because it was so hot in Virginia. I had an AC guy coming in but didnt say anything about the condensation. Has anyone had this problem before? :(

If your a/c ducts are sheet metal you should have them insulated ,you are probably getting condensation from the cold metal and the hot attic. If your ducts are flex ducts , then make sure the take off & the register boot are insulated

Latest posts

Back