Leach Lines

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HeatJack

Reaction score
I have attached a picture. White lines are my leach lines, ( they go behind that tree) red x’s are where I’m seeing sludge/pooling.
My concern is that 2nd line is blocked. I’ve had 2 companies come out, 1 guy put a ancient camera down it and said he didn’t know if he hit something or if his camera was just messed up (total waste of money) and another guy put a poker stick right where I think it’s blocked and said there was sludge so my field needed to be replaced. My question is would a field fail like this? Or would the pooling be at the end of each line like it is with the first line. The 2nd line after where I think it’s blocked is dry as a bone and even has dirt spots and not lush grass like the 1st line. Is there a way to check myself, take a shovel and follow the line, dig a couple of holes to see if it’s sludgy like the 1st line? I have a soil scientist coming out in 2 weeks to perk my land and design a new system but because of where it has to go I’m looking at getting a pump tank and yada yada yada, close to $25,000 depending what the scientist says. I know the simple answer is to just pay someone to come out and snake the line but it seems nobody in this area it equipped to do it and I’m not trying to shell out even more money to be wrong if there is a way I can just kinda figure it out on my own. Sorry this is so long just looking for some advice if it would be normal for a field to fail this way or if maybe I should be investigating this 2nd line. Thank you.

Attachments

• FD6B1DE3-48E8-492A-B5B2-D4F23935C8AF.png
    FD6B1DE3-48E8-492A-B5B2-D4F23935C8AF.png
    17.9 MB · Views: 12
I’d dig the line up that isn’t working at all and see why.

Perc test would be good.

Limiting how much water you put into the tank is obviously going to help you.

Some people use a small aeration tank between the septic tank and the field lines to boost beneficial bacteria to help prevent biomat. Biomat is made up of dead viruses and bacteria that seal the drain field like a pond bottom.

If a washing machine dumps into your septic tank then I would try to run a dedicated field line for the wash water. That cures most people’s problem.

It’s simple and complex at the same time. There are a lot of variables.

Im learning all about all the variables and my mind is blown. When I first starting having an issue I did find all kinds of ways to divert my graywater (especially my washer) but admittedly I got lazy. It just bugs me about that line and that it’s hard to find someone to give me an answer. Thank You for your reply. Any advice on digging up that line and seeing what I’m looking for? My system is still working and if I do need a new field who knows when that will happen so I don’t wanna do more damage to the field investigating. Thanks again for your reply.

The line you think is not working. I’d start digging and follow it. You might need to replace the section you dig up.

If you use an excavator you better be real careful.

Latest posts

Back