Leach Field Inspection

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cthomas2929

Reaction score
We are in the process of selling our house in MA. MA requires a Title V inspection of the septic and leach fields. We were told that our leach field is failing. I was not here for any part of the inspection but I have seen NO signs of failure. No wet areas, no super green grass, no backups in the house and no odors. I worry that because we are in a big house we are about to get hosed. Would there be those above ground signs on a failing system? We are being told to expect $50-$60k for a six bedroom sized field. Ideas?

We are in the process of selling our house in MA. MA requires a Title V inspection of the septic and leach fields. We were told that our leach field is failing. I was not here for any part of the inspection but I have seen NO signs of failure. No wet areas, no super green grass, no backups in the house and no odors. I worry that because we are in a big house we are about to get hosed. Would there be those above ground signs on a failing system? We are being told to expect $50-$60k for a six bedroom sized field. Ideas?
You could get a second opinion. The field is probably not taking the amount of water it should before it floods.

You don’t have to see signs to fail the test.

Latest posts

Back