Lav drain connected to tub trap arm

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petricekee

Reaction score
Have a bath remodel going and want to move the lav. The "easy" way may be to use a santee/air vent exterior to the finish wall (hidden by vanity) and drop the drain thru the floor. Problem is how to connect the drain below the floor to the waste pipe. About the only way to do (no good access) is tie in to the tub drain after its p trap. (I think I can reach enough thru tub drain hole in sub floor) lav will have usual p trap. Will this work?

Thanks for any help.
S

It will not meet code, and will cause you problems. There is always a way to get access to the drain lines to do it properly. Might not be easy, but there is a way.

Thanks phishfood. Id have to cut drywall ceiling on lower floor to get to the drain line. Other option is simply use existing stubout and run a horizontal to the new location behind the vanity. Its only about 4 feet. Costs me vanity depth but its the least cutting. Probably just do it that way.

S

Back