Kohler fill valve pressure

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ludington

Reaction score
Just a curiosity question, as I'm not fixing the below...
Is there a minimum pressure needed for a kholer fill. Valve to work ?
Like the one below,
Why do I ask.. i am staying at an old beach condo where there are 2 kohler toilets back to back.
if you happen to flush them both at the same time , one of them will not fill.
And it will not start to fill unless you reflush the one that did fill, and hold the handle until the tank is empty. Then they will both fill. And it's random as to which toilet won't fill.
And the odd thing is, when it does start to fill there are bubbles that come up.
Like there was an air pocket preventing the valve from opening.
There's bad drainage too as , if you flush one, the water in the toilet bowl of the other dances around.
Weirdest thing I've ever seen with toilets.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20231029_120139_Chrome.jpg
    SmartSelect_20231029_120139_Chrome.jpg
    196.2 KB · Views: 0
It’s a fluidmaster ballcock. The seals in the top are probably worn out.

It’s a Fluidmaster 400a with kohlers name on it.

It’s a fluidmaster ballcock. The seals in the top are probably worn out.

It’s a Fluidmaster 400a with kohlers name on it.
It just makes no logical sense at all for what it does, and randomly one or the other toilets. But lord knows how old they are, they do loo, like thier new though. Just very very odd. If it was just one, I would think, yup something wrong inside the valve.. but when they both do it at random, and only when their both flushed at the same time. Very wierd...

Well thats what they do when they get some age on them. Water pressure changes can cause things to happen at random, especially when the valves are worn.

Well thats what they do when they get some age on them. Water pressure changes can cause things to happen at random, especially when the valves are worn.
Thanks.... Mr Twowaxhack knows all... always impressive :) ... I need to change mine out at home too. There getting a little age. Have to hold the handle for an extra few seconds to keep the canaster up. As the canaster falls to fast and you dont get a complete bowl fill. Nothing you can do to fix that.

Generally most products will be designed to operate down to code minimum pressure which is 15 psi for UPC.

Back