Kohler Cylinder Float

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

studsterkel

Reaction score
My toilet basically doesn’t flush unless I hold the handle down. I’m a bit baffled by this cylinder contraption. Before I get into this and end up leaving my toilet inoperable for a few days (I am very amateur) I wanted to get some advice from folks with experience. Video to come…

The first flush is a regular flush and you can hear it doesn’t do much in the bowl. Second flush is holding the handle down and you can hear the bowl clearing completely.

The black hose is suppose to connect on top of the flush tower.

It’ll flush better once you do that.

It’ll also quit running (losing water ) periodically.

The black hose is suppose to connect on top of the flush tower.

It’ll flush better once you do that.

It’ll also quit running (losing water ) periodically.

I tried and itt just took forever to fill and also didn’t change anything. Maybe a separate issue?

I tried and itt just took forever to fill and also didn’t change anything. Maybe a separate issue?

Maybe separate issue but the black hose not being correctly position will cause a poor flush and water loss.

The water level should be marked in the tank. Make sure the tank is filling up to the water line marked inside the tank. Normally that’s about 1/2” below the point of it going over the flush tower.

I’ve started suggesting to my customers to replace those Kohler toilets. They’re not worth paying professional repair costs IMO.

Back