Kohler Bathtub installation idea

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

local

Reaction score
Hello everyone – Have an interesting question about Kohler bathtub installation

I’m planning to mount a Kohler faucet (K-T398-4) on the deck of a tub (Kohler K-6369). I have ½ inch copper from the floor, and ½ inch copper from the faucet (K-300-KR).

Since the area between the tub and tub-skirt is narrow and curved, I was planning to install ½ x ¾ COP Male adapter on both ends and use a flexible washing machine supply line to connect the two ends.

Any issues with that? Any alternative option? Thanks!

Where your 1/2" pipes come up from the floor why don't you put in a couple 5/8 x 3/8 compression straight valves and then put the male adaptors on the faucet and use regular braided supply lines. I have seen this done many times and they had no issues. Maybe some of the other plumbers will give you some ideas too.

Was considering the 3/8 connection, but the homeowner wants to maintain high flow (the K300-KR is a high-flow valve). They hated the old tub because it took a long time to fill. I'm going to stick with the flex copper solution.

Latest posts

Back