Kitchen sink won't drain

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
It's been very cold here in Wisconsin all week. My kitchen sink won't drain, so i can only assume the drain pipe is frozen. I removed the P-Trap and there was no clog there. I put a space heater under the cabinet where the drain pipe goes, which is along an outside wall of the house. I also have had a hair dryer running in the basement where the drainpipe comes in on the outside wall. No luck!

I tried my luck at putting a huge pot of salted boiling water in the sink, i was afraid that would make the pipe burst. No burst pipes but no drainage either. The basement sink which drains through the same pipe (but lower obviously) drains without issue.

I ran a snake down the pipe, but it gets stuck. I'm not sure if its getting stuck at the 90 degree angle or if it's where it's frozen/obstructed.

I have searched high and low on the internet and cannot find a solution! Please help!

youse your sewer snake as a tape measure. push it till it stops. wrap tape around the end, pull it out. lay it out where the sewer runs.

WHOOP DA IT is!! the clog should be at the end of it. depends where it is, wait it out, dig it up, heat it

you gotta find it, to evaluate it

you must use a good electric snake and machine and run it though your vent pipe on top of your roof...

Back