Kitchen sink sprayer under permanent pressure

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paulustrious

Reaction score
I have a four-hole sink, the fourth for a separate sprayer. The sprayer used to be connected to a faucet which had to be junked. I was give a free faucet with no sprayer or attachment point. I am guessing that the original sprayer hose was never under full water pressure as it would not operate without the faucet being on. I would like to connect a valve and sprayer to the cold input. I could do this with the current sprayer+hose which is a heavy black 'plastic'.

1) Can I use it? I am guessing it is inadvisable
2) If not can someone point me at a hose + sprayer that is suitable. I'm googled-out at the moment.
3) Is it code?

Paul - plumbing DIYer

I have a four-hole sink, the fourth for a separate sprayer. The sprayer used to be connected to a faucet which had to be junked. I was give a free faucet with no sprayer or attachment point. I am guessing that the original sprayer hose was never under full water pressure as it would not operate without the faucet being on. I would like to connect a valve and sprayer to the cold input. I could do this with the current sprayer+hose which is a heavy black 'plastic'.

1) Can I use it? I am guessing it is inadvisable
2) If not can someone point me at a hose + sprayer that is suitable. I'm googled-out at the moment.
3) Is it code?

Paul - plumbing DIYer

Paul, you would probably be better off to buy a new kitchen faucet with spray. I'm not sure if those kitchen spray hoses can hold pressure all the time. You don't want to get up in the middle of the night and have that thing blowed apart and water running everywhere.

I'm sure that you could find a commercial cold water faucet
with a spray hose connection check brands CHICAGO or T&S BRASS
I would t trust any residential spray hose under constant pressure
good luck

Back