Kitchen sink faucets; Which ones are easily fixable Moen, Delta, Wewe

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leo 'Gus' Gustafsson

Reaction score
Hello fellows,
I've just about had it with what I know is a pipe issue but lacking funds in the extreme I cannot do a repipe job. Some time after replacing faucets in my home they seem to clog up. I know Moen has a removable cartridge design and that may be the marque I go with but are there others that lend themselves to disassembly and cleaning out? I have to keep this on the cheap and I know a repipe would solve these issues once and for all, but, being on welfare despite owning my home this solution is the only one open to me. I hope you'll understand.
So, makers and models please, of those you've had experience with. Thanks very much for your help and a lift of the lynch lid.
Gus

While I’m normally a pusher for Moen products, if you’re having issues with cartridges plugging up then delta may be a better option when it comes to disassembly and cleaning components.

Although with Moen, you can always get cartridges free of charge anywhere that sells them and just change it out

As a stop gap we went with a cheapie Aqualife (sounds like Sponge Bob) faucet that is slowing down since December. Thanks guys, keep 'em coming :)

Last edited:
Yes I have and since moving here I'm beginning to suspect city water may be the culprit.
From another forum :
"Be ready to change the filter every year or so. The crud in municipal water lines could gag a horse. When I was in college I worked summers as a laborer for an underground construction company. Much of our work was replacing old water mains. The crud we found inside those pipes made me swear off tap water. Today I have a whole house filter as well as a filter on our kitchen faucet. I still don’t like to drink the water coming from our tap."

I just saw a 1/2 inch FPT T strainer when I was on Yahoo, I wonder if these come in steel or iron and I could thread one of these onto the supply valve nipples?
12 F_MPT strainer .jpg

Latest posts

Back