Kitchen sink clogged, again.....

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

finebyfive

Reaction score
Our kitchen sink gets clogged about every 6 months, my husband has to crawl under the house and shove a water hose down the pipe to unclogged, nothing inside the house works, drano, snake, plunging etc...... Well he just did it about 3 weeks ago and it's clogged again:eek:! He keeps saying something about the fact that our dish washer is connected to the same pipe? But we had this problem, fewer and far between , before we had the dishwasher.

IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE I CAN TRY, BEFORE LETTING HIM KNOW HE NEEDS TO CRAWL UNDER THERE, AGAIN??????????

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

You need to hire a professional to shove a camera down the line to see if it is collapsed, broken, or has root intrusion.

We've actually recently had the pipes rerun, do to a leak..... Pretty sure that's not the case. Have had plumbers out in the past, they run a snake or change the vent , but it never lasts.

And on top of that, no other drain in the house is effected. Wouldn't they all be slow draining if there was a collapse?

Well with our layout, it would effect our master bath, and kitchen but my master is fine. This is so frustrating, we are so careful with not getting grease in the sink, and I uyse wire mesh strainers............

the blockage is in the lateral that goes to the kitchen sink.

NOT the bathroom, that is why it is not effecting the bathroom.

call a plumber, have them camera the line, to show you what the problem is.

in the future, IF you use your disposal, run it with hot water, and run the water for a good minute after you turn off the disposal.

hot water helps break up grease,and scour the pipe, and running the water helps flush the line

I keep a coffee can under the sink, to pour grease in, throw out grease and replace can 1x a week
except bacon grease..i cook with that...

11012065_829165337165278_2335228775580332686_n.jpg

you stated its in a crawl space is is supported properly. Was the re-plumb done with plastic? Is the pipe sagging in the middle? Is the line the proper size? Can you post a pic of the lines under the house?

Back