Kitchen garbage disposal

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Taxiridefun

Reaction score
When i use my daughters garbage disposal for example: i put spaghetti noodles in turn it on and (its a double sink, disposal on left side sink. )Turn it on and the other sink fills up with the water and the noodles?
What is the problem here? Can anyone help? Thank you so much

When i use my daughters garbage disposal for example: i put spaghetti noodles in turn it on and (its a double sink, disposal on left side sink. )Turn it on and the other sink fills up with the water and the noodles?
What is the problem here? Can anyone help? Thank you so much

Possible piping error and or a partially obstructed drain.

Disposals are not good for your plumbing.

You should probably turn the water on, then the unit on and then start slowly putting in the food to dispose of. Don’t load it up then turn it on….unless it’s a batch feed, which it’s probably not.

Try that……

Best advice is to throw all food waste away,put very little down the drain, especially spaghetti,your disposal may grind things up but the plumbing after that will clog up

You peel potatoes in the sink, but then grab up what you can with your hands and throw them in the waste basket. Only then should you turn on your water and disposal to grind up any small scraps remaining in your sink. Scrape plates in the waste basket, then place them in the dish washer. Or you can do as my wife does and rinse them in the sink and the little bit of food can then go down the disposal as well. She's also been known to wash them in the sink and then put them in the dishwasher and wash them again. LOL.

You can't complain about a dirty fork. lol The way you explained it is very good. We do it the same way
except for the latter.

Latest posts

Back