kitchen faucet to supply line

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kyleam01

Reaction score
I am having a problem attaching my cold supply line to the faucet. I have the shut off valve installed at the bottom through the floor with a supply line coming up towards the sink. I have the compression ring and coupling nut attached to the supply line. From the faucet, I have attached a flex line with a 1/2 outlet. How do I connect the two? I tried using a shut off valve to connect them, but it leaks where the hose meets the flex line nut and not in any of the threads. I'm stumped.

I'm really tired, so bear with me, but I can;t seem to picture what you are describing.

The most common setup is 1/2" type M copper coming out of the floor or wall, a shutoff (either soldered or 5/8 compression) attached to it with a 3/8" compression end pointing upwards. Attached to that is a supply line with a 3/8" end on the bottom and the appropriate end at the faucet end (usually a 5/8 but possibly a 3/8 or some odd proprietary end).

Back